Capt. Burns will address the Laughlin Economic Development Corporation’s Leadership Speakers Forum at the American Legion Post 60, 1510 Bruce Woodbury Drive, beginning at 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 17. The public is invited to attend the free event.
Join the 91% of Metro officers who support Larry Burns for Sheriff!
• Reboot the community policing model and restore trust with accountability.
• Implement my strategic traffic plan to reduce injuries and deaths.
• Establish expedient, transparent, fact-based investigations of all use of force incidents.
• Protect our children through a stronger partnership with the Clark County School District.
• Ensure every police position is justified to meet the needs of our community.
Since joining Metro 27 years ago, I have served in several leadership positions:
• Captain of the Bolden Area Command covering 1/8 of the population of Las Vegas, where under my command, the violent crime rate went down while it rose in other parts of town;
• Longest-serving S.W.A.T. Commander;
• Criminal Intelligence Section supervisor; and
• Nationally recognized tactical instructor.
Former Sheriff Jerry Keller – “Larry Burns is the best candidate for a difficult job.
His integrity is unquestioned and his moral compass is absolutely true. He is a
leader who not only will rally the rank and file officers, he will bring compassion
and a community policing philosophy to Metro.”
Attorney General Catherine Cortez Masto – “Larry Burns, one of the most
highly decorated law enforcement professionals in Nevada, has created a model
of community policing that has received national acclaim. He brings various
sectors of the community together by compassionate listening and meeting
residents in their neighborhoods. He has my respect and my vote.”
I am honored to be supported by 96% of Metro officers.
Your support is the most important to me.
Captain Larry Burns